How to Fix a Frozen B&N Nook®
So, my Barnes & Noble Nook froze up a couple of days ago. The screensaver was displayed with “Press the power button to wake up your Nook” across the top. But, it wouldn’t wake up. Grr!
I found several procedures listed by different people on how to unfreeze the Nook, but none of them worked for me, so I called B&N (800-THE-BOOK) to see if they could help me. The customer service guy was very good to help with my problem. I told him about the procedures I tried, which didn’t work, and he told me a new procedure. I decided to document it here in the case that someone else runs into the same problem. This is straight from B&N technical service:
- Remove the battery.
- Hold the power button for 45-50 seconds.
- Leave the Nook as it is for 15-20 minutes.
- Replace the battery.
- Using your A/C converter, plug your USB cord into the wall socket (not your computer) and into your Nook.
- Let it charge for 3-5 hours.
- Unplug it from the wall and push the power button.
That should do it. If it doesn’t fix the frozen issue, then B&N told me they would replace the Nook.
I hope this helps you.